Vinyl cutters are some of the most useful devices for various industries such as manufacturing and automobile and require an accurate blade for cutting out designs of vinyl sheets.
The method is a fine alternative that you get for ink-based printing. Their uses are of quite varied nature. These are staples for sign printers but they’re not ideal for clothing, mainly for shirts and various other designing works.
They’re typically-high priced and all such machines might become a limiting factor and getting one that doesn’t meet the expectations can become quite frustrating for a lot of people.
So to save you from the bad decision of making a wrong investment in this department, we’re going to present you with the top 10 best vinyl cutting machines reviews available in the market.
10. Cricut Explore Air 2 Mint
This is a great choice for DIY enthusiasts as you can easily form a lot of designs and pick from your customized gallery. With the tool, you get Cricut’s online application access for designing, Design Space. With this app you can create anything, anywhere you want to. The software can link with your smartphone and tablet. The app has a Smart Set Dial for ensuring that you’re getting proper depth in cut whenever you’re cutting more than 100 material types with adhesive and faux leather. It is embedded with Bluetooth and a useful German carbide designed blade for wireless cutting.
- Simple setup and can be easily used
- No requirement of any software
- It doesn’t require cartridges
- Bluetooth enabled
- Is quite versatile
- Would seem quite costly with a little bit slow functionality
- Upon unsubscribing, you also lose images
- Difficult for creating a custom design
- Requires some additional purchase
9. Silhouette Cameo 3 Starter Bundle with Bluetooth
If you can spend a little bit of extra money to get a vinyl cutter delivering praiseworthy performance with additional features for ease of work, then this is the product for you. With Silhouette Cameo 3, you get all the essentials for completion of the first project that is successful. The cutter design is ideal to get precise cuts on the vinyl surface. It can cut as small as a quarter-inch dimension. So, this can be a great pick for complex and intricate designs. With the machine, you can easily work on the twelve-inch design and it can be more than sixteen and a half feet of length. So if you require crafting banner, it would also be possible through this cutting tool.
- Bluetooth enabled
- Makes use of Silhouette Studio
- Works well with 100 materials
- Dual carriage and Auto-Blade
- Storage and Touchscreen
- No upgrade in cutting force
8. SILHOUETTE – CAMEO – 3 – 4T Machine for Wireless Cutting
The Vinyl cutter can cut a lot of materials such as fabric, cardstock and a lot of other materials. All these can easily be cut in shapes of more than 12 inches of width and a length of 10 feet. The cutting material is available with robust Silhouette software for cutting and designing that can simplify the overall creation process. The device also features dual-carriage for multi-tool usage with much better 2mm clearance for cutting thicker materials. The product matches with your cutting requirements with PixScan and Cut and print technology and works well with AutoBlade that adjusts by self.
- Available with Dual Carriage function
- Is Bluetooth enabled
- You save more time with Auto-Blade
- Intuitive and user-friendly
- Huge inbuilt storage
- No fully-automation features
- Possibility of Bluetooth issues
7. Cricut maker
Cricut maker is available with an expandable toolset such as knife blade and advanced rotary blades. The tool gets categorized under the upper echelons of vinyl cutters. The vinyl cutter also works fine for cutting different types of materials like leather and fabric paper. You can also add Scoring Wheel with the professional cutting machine for vinyl to get sharp creases.
- Large Cricut format
- Works fine with a lot of materials
- Prompt customer service
- Slow software
6. Roland GS-24 Vinyl Cutter
Roland GS-24 is a great combination of the latest technology with simplicity and works well for all your vinyl cutting requirements. The tool is ideal for manual cutting through a precise groove blade on the apron. Additionally, you get a roller base and LCD panel to get the simplicity of use while maintaining material feed straightness.
- Stores eight different blade settings
- Works well with a variety of materials
- USB and serial interface linking
- Not ideal for paper cutting
- Software not MAC compatible
5. Brother CM350 Electronic Cutting Machine
The Brother CM350 cutting machine provides precise and long work life for a huge cutting area and lets you wirelessly link directly to PC. With such a feature, you can scan images straight in the system. The machine doesn’t have requirements for dyes, cartridges or any other monthly subscriptions, with in-built first-class 300 DPI scanners.
- No requirement for computer
- Programs allowances for layers inside the fabric
- Newbies might not understand the software well
- Mats don’t stick well
- Only 2mm thick mats
4. Silhouette Portrait
The Silhouette Portrait is designed in a manner that it can easily comply well with professional crafting requirements. This is originally a lighter and smaller Silhouette CAMEO variant. Silhouette makes use of smaller blades that cut through 0.8 mm sheets of different paper types with cardstocks and rhinestone. You can earn a maximum cutting force of 210 gf. The cutter cuts in dimensions of quarter-inch and has a cartridge width of 8.9 inches.
- Adjustable blade
- Free Silhouette design studio software
- Also prints well if you replace the blade with sketch pen
- Runs on 100-240 volt of power
- The cutting surface of 8.9 inches
- Is compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Has USB 2.0 connection
- Has 0.8mm maximum cutting depth
- 210 gf force of cutting
- Additional software upgrade costs
3. USCutter Vinyl Cutter Plotter, 28 inch
The vinyl cutter works with special software” Sure Cuts A Lot Pro”. The tool comes handy with a multi-function carriage can and feature. Therefore, you can use this cutting blade for vinyl cutting or ink pen to draw. With the two adjustable pinch-rollers, you can use a lot of materials alongside the dual-roller, ball-bearing, media roller.
- Sturdiness and durability with precise cuts
- This can be compatible with a lot of image files
- Relativity simple software
- Available with deeper cuts
- Doesn’t set up easily
- Doesn’t assemble well
2. GRAPHTEC CE6000-120 Vinyl Cutter
With this version of Graphtec, you get more precise cutting at much faster speeds compared to digita control. This is also available with the latest Studio Software from Graphtec which has been pre-installed and simplifies cutting and creation of designs. With the software, you also get more simplicity in cutting and the graphics range is diversified which is created through the machine.
- Portable and Sturdy
- The intuitive mechanism for cutting
- Large-sized cutting features
- Can’t be used easily
1. USCutter 15-inch Table Titan Craft Vinyl Cutter
Table Titan cutter is specially designed for desktop or table vinyl cutting requirements. This is among the best available vinyl cutting machines for professionals, DIY hobbyists, and small businesses as well. Similar to its bigger TITAN counterparts, the Table TITAN is available with adjustable cutting force and speed, making it great for cutting different materials such as vinyl and window film. With Table Titan, you can simply craft this at home with ease. The tool is ideal for glass engraving stencils, scrapbooking and a lot more.
- Available with a control panel and huge display
- USB and RS-232 connection compatible
- Offers numerous image editing and design tools
- Adjustable force and speed
- Operates well in clean and sharp vinyl decals
- Adobe Illustrator not supported
- Software problems
While we present you with a listing of the best possible vinyl cutting machines in the market, it’s up to you to select the best one according to your requirements. An ideal vinyl cutting machine has to be simple with an ideal size for a good placement with desktop and also works well with tiny decals, stickers, scrapbooking, cards, etc.